Monday, April 14, 2008

Like Father, Like Son

Fenn is SO much like his Daddy. He already seems to be able to sleep anywhere and falls asleep very quickly. In one instant, he can be thrashing about trying to fight sleep and 2 seconds later he'll be out! With Dan I can be talking to him at night and he'll even respond to me... and then just a few seconds later he'll be snoring. I RARELY fall asleep that quickly. Fenn really enjoys his Baby Bjorn carrier and almost always falls asleep in it. Last Wednesday night, I was at the pre-sale for a HUGE semi-annual consignment sale held here in Knoxville. "First Time Mom's" get a special invitation to shop the night before the public sale begins. (It's great, because I get the invitation for the first year... which means I'll get to shop early again in October.) Obviously, Dan was working (because it's THAT time of year) so I had to take Fenn with me. He was in his Baby Bjorn and did so great. We stood in line to get in the door for about 30 minutes, and then we were there for 2 hours (about an hour and 20 minutes of shopping and then the rest was spent standing in line to check out). Fenn slept through most of the chaos... picture a room the size of a grocery store, filled with children's clothes, toys, high chairs, strollers, AND 300+ new or expectant mom's AND most of them had a baby with them and/or a spouse or grandparent. It's a complete zoo, but very much worth the effort because you can find some great deals.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails