skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Welcome to Bean Town
No, not Boston. In this case, Bean Town equals Fenn's nursery. For those of you who don't know, when I was pregnant with Fenn, we called him our little bean. ('be' from Beth and 'an' from Dan). I tho
ught I would share some pictures of Fenn's nursery since most people won't ever actually see it in person. I don't know if I would call it "finished" yet, but it's close. I originally wanted to either paint some stripes around the room or on one accent wall, but I ran out of time due to dealing with Cole's sickness and death. I just recently finished the artwork that is hanging abo
ve his crib a few weeks ago. I had planned to do it before his birth... even bought the paints and wooden name letters... but things came up and I never got it done. I'm definitely no artist, but I kind of like how it turned out. We really like the nursery because it has bright, fun colors. Fenn seems to
like it, too. And we intentionally made it gender neutral so we can use it for the next baby. The two main colors are turquoise and green. One fabric is green with turquoise polka dots, one is a solid turquoise, and my favorite is the multi-colored stripe. The stripe is made up of 2 shades of blue, yellow, orange, red, bright green, and even pink. The bumpers are trimmed in a double cording of a black & white gingham check and the multi-colored stripe. I bought extra fabrics and had the window treatments custom made so I could feature more of the striped fab
ric (because I love it so much). I covered the lamp shade in the striped fabric myself. And we found the perfect multi-colored polka dot rug online. We got our furniture from Dan's sister, Debbie. I had the cushions for the glider-rocker recovered in a turquoise and lime green striped chenille fabri
c I found in the clearance room at Forsyth Fabrics in Atlanta. If baby #2 is a girl, we might add some pink accents to the room. (Since the multi-color striped fabric has a pink stripe in it, it would work.) We figured Fenn can have his "all boy" room when he moves out of the nursery... maybe we'll d
o an airplane theme. We found this cute reproduction aviation advertising sign for Piper Aircraft Co. (Hint to those still a little new to the internet: Click on the blue highlighted, underlined words to see a picture of the sign.) Cute, huh?
1 comment:
Wow, I am impressed! The nursery is adorable- of course! I love your artwork..you could totally sell those. I would buy one! :)
Post a Comment